Finance and Administration Functions
The key include:
- Facilitation of Financial Services by authorization of Payment Vouchers, Local Service Orders and Local Purchase Orders for the office.
- Preparation of budget quarterly reports as required by National Treasury.
- Preparation of any required Reallocations during for Cabinet Affairs Office for Approval by the Accounting Officer and Counter Signature by National Treasury and incorporating them in the Supplementary Estimates.
- Preparation of responses to Audit queries
- Monitor Collection of Appropriations in Aid on quarterly basis
- To ensure settlement of pending bills carried forward from previous years.
- Conveying Treasury circulars on guidelines for preparation of programme Budget and MPER in Liaison with the Policy Analysis Unit
- Preparation of Sub Sector reports for Cabinet Affairs Office for National Treasury in the MTEF;
- Preparation of Public Administration and International Relations SectorÂ as required by National Treasury;
- Conveying Treasury Circular on guidelines for preparation of Supplementary Estimates as and when required;
- Preparation of Annual Budget presentation for Cabinet Affairs Office and presentation to Parliamentary Departmental Committee on Administration and National Security;
- Handling of General complaints and Petitions from the Public;
- Coordination of Principal Secretaries and Heads of Department meetings;
- Coordination, facilitation and convening meetings of the Departmental Procurement Advisory Committee and the Departmental Human Resource Management Advisory Committee (DHRMAC);
- Management and maintenance of an efficient and effective Records Management System;
- Facilitation and Coordination of Transport matters;
- Maintenance of Records/Register on Fleet of Motor Vehicles;
- Coordination of Surcharge and Misuse of GOK and Parastatal Motor Vehicles in conjunction with the Government Vehicles Check Unit (GVCU);
- Coordination of the activities Of Aids Control Unit (ACU);
- Maintenance of Work Environmentand facilitating members of Staff with a conducive work environment terms of office space, furniture and provision of the necessary work tools;
- Facilitation of Staff Welfare matters such as Team Building and Bonding Sessions and offering emotional support during illness and bereavement.
Projects to be undertaken in 2018/19
- Sensitizing of staff on classification and security of Government documents.
- Replacement of motor vehicles which are beyond economic repair.
- Replacement of worn out and obsolete equipment with new modern ones.
- Office renovation.