To advice the President of the Republic of Kenya in the exercise of Power ofÂ Â Mercy provided in Article 133 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Activities to be undertaken in 2018/19 FY
In 2018/19 FY, POMAC has been allocated Kshs. 72 Million to undertake the following activities:
- Management of petitions for power of mercy in line with the provisions of the Power of Mercy Act, 2011
- Conduct education programmes amongst inmates of correctional services, Leaders and the general public on the processes and meaning of power of mercy in order to promote the acceptance of the principle of power of mercy.
- Conduct or commission Research to build knowledge base on the doctrine of power of mercy Undertake research in matters related to Power of Mercy
- Monitoring Programme for ex-inmates released under the power of mercy
- Develop and enhance the physical infrastructure, Human and Technological capacity of the Advisory Committee for efficient and effective delivery of services in the exercise of the power of mercy